Application, tuition and financial aid
Retrouvez toutes les informations pour vous inscrire à l'UTC et tous les dispositifs d'aide financière.
Six-step guide to prepare your application
First of all, you need to contact the International Relations Office at your home university to make sure that UTC has signed a bilateral contract with your home university.
Download the application form and complete it carefully.
Summit your application through the International Relations Office at your home university. Please note that the application deadline for the autumn semester is May 1st and for the spring semester is November 1st.
You will receive an acceptance letter from UTC enabling you to obtain your visa in one month. Please contact Céline DE ARAUJO for the reservation of your room and the best itinerary to arrive at Compiègne.
Start to learn French if you have the possibility at home.
Enjoy your trip and welcome at UTC.
Application files must include the following documents
- A curriculum vitae resume
- A fulln certified transcript of your university record
- Personal Statement (Letter of Intent) in French or in English explaining why you would like to study at UTC and explaining your career goals
- A selection of credit courses (CCs) you wish to follow at UTC
- Duly completed application form
Tuition is paid at the home institution and students incur the following expenses : transportation, room and board, welfare and insurance and leisure activities.
At UTC, tuition for international students is totally free thanks to French government subsidies, but each year students are required to pay the admission registration fees.
Exchange programs :
- No registration fees
- Students' Social security : 215 euros
› Students from the European Union or Québec are not required to pay the social security in France, since their home countries have a social security agreement with France. Students over 28 years of age should register at CPAM and their social security is totally free.
Grants for international students
There are 2 types of grants for international students : 1° for accommodation and 2° from student's home country.
- an accommodation grant : provided by the French government according to student's financial situation. It is managed by CAF (Caisse d'Allocations Familiales).
- Grants from the student's country of origin : for more information, please contact the International Relations Office of your home university or your Embassy or Consular representatives in France.
Higher Education and accommodation grants
These grants are based on social criteria and are applicable to:
- french students
- foreign students
- political refugees who have a valid political refugee card or whose parents have been living in France for more than 2 years
The grant and/or accommodation scholarship are based on a scale uptaded annually according to financial resources and family responsibilities (information at the CROUS in Amiens or at the reception of the University Residence).
Whether it be a first application or a renewal, requests have to be made via internet before the end of April for the following academic year (check this date at the Registrar's Office). Forms for pre-registration are available at the Registrar's office. Students will be notified notice directly by the CROUS.
Any student of French nationality or political refugees may apply for this type of loan. A commission convenes annually, early December.
This type of loan cannot be awarded concurrently with a Higher Education grant, and being limited in number, only a few students will be allowed to benefit.
Philéas accueil scolarships
Philéas Accueil is both a merit and need based scholarship, awarded by the Region of Picardie to provide financial support for talented international engineering students. Students will be assessed competitively on the basis of overall academic performance, research capacity and financial criteria.
- 520 €/month during 5 months per academic year and a travel grant of 300€ maximum
- Philéas Accueil scholarship holders have a priority to live in the Student Residence (CROUS)
- An accommodation grant may also be attributed monthly by the French government
- International students, from UTC partner universities, selected to study at UTC
- Applicants with outstanding academic performance
- Excellent level in French
- Demonstrable financial need
- UTC exchange students are not automatically considered as scholarship applicants; for this reason, a separate scholarship application is required
- UTC Contact : Sabrina DOMINGUEZ
- Completed student application form
- Resume or CV
- Letter of Intent or Motivation
- A recommendation letter from one of your science professors
› IMPORTANT : you must submit your application through the International Relations Office at your home university. Individual applications will not be considered.
- Fall semester : May 1st
- Spring semester : November 1st
› Please note that any application delivered after this date will not be considered. You will be notified by e-mail at the beginning of June about the selection result.