Specialty – Thermal Energy Control (TE)
This specialty is to be found in all industrial sectors and GPI-TE graduates can find openings quite readily with their Thermal Engineering skills.
Rationalized use of energy calls for in-depth knowledge of:
- optimisation of energy consumption in processes involving thermal transfers (exchangers, furnaces, turbines …)
- control of electric cycles-co-generation, heat network…)
- improvement of energy efficiency levels (use of low temperature calories, intermediate storage, low consumption building standards)
- development of new vectors (renewable energies …)
- evolution of processes given induced pollution (greenhouse gases)
For GPI-TE students the programme covers arrange of topics, the details of which are set out in the French site, from the basics of Process Engineering to conversion and management of renewable energy sources.
Some 50% of the GP-CPI students, over and above the placements overseas spend a full semester in University exchange programme (in Germany, Spain, Canada, Brazil, the UK, Finland, Sweden …).
45 % of the recruitment offers to GPI-CPI students follow suite to an end-of-studies project. They are often recruited by the major industrial groups.